- The International Sail and Power Academy (ISPA) syllabus has since 1994 provided a range of Certificate of Competency certificates from Competent Crew up to and including Yachtmaster Offshore, and Instructor courses from Day Skipper Instructors up to and including Instructor Evaluator Ocean. This comprehensive program presented in a building block system is flexible, practical and emphasizes a hands-on approach, allowing you to learn at your own pace.
- The International Sail and Power Academy (ISPA) is dedicated to the training of both sailboat and power boat operators both ashore and on the water, with the emphasis on excellence in the safe-handling and skillful use of pleasure craft. We also maintain a continuous dialogue with Canadian and US marine safety agencies with representatives on regional and international advisory councils to ensure:
- The course curriculum is continually updated with current information,
- The certification program is maintained and improved, and recognized by international authorities
- Delivery of the safest and highest quality instruction
- The International Sail and Power Academy (ISPA) is accredited by Transport Canada to provide the Boating Safety Test for the Pleasure Craft Operator Card
- Transport Canada recognizes the contribution of the Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons (CPS), Canadian Yachting Association (CYA) and the International Sail and Power Academy (ISPA) in support of recreational boating safety in Canada and for allowing their material to be used as the basis for this industry-wide standard for the training of recreational boaters.
Online Operators card
ISPA partners with Ace Boater, a Transport Canada Accredited course provider to provide an ONLINE Boat Safety
Course and Test.
Click the image to be redirected to our course and test partner.
Paper tests may be done by a number of Proctors or Instructors within our Organization in your area. Click here to be redirected
courses and exams
SCHOOLS & INSTRUCTORS
Discover boating while enjoying a learn to cruise sailing course, or bareboat charter in the most beautiful parts of the world.