After completing this online course, you can take the corresponding practical course offered by one of our schools. We recommend that you book your place in a practical course as early as possible, even before you finish the online course.
The following course materials will be mailed to you upon payment for this course:
- ISPA Coastal Navigation Workbook
- Plotter and Divider for chartwork
- Canadian Chart #3441
The Coastal Navigator Workbook contains exercises for you to practice on the chart you will receive. Please keep the lines you have plotted and bring them to the Coastal Navigator Practical Course to have them checked by the Practical Instructor.
The following materials are references for this course or support the course as additional course materials. Please download and review all of the following:
- Chart Catalogue (Canada)
- Variation [Calculation]
- 2021 Tide and Current Table
- Chart 1 (Canadian Version)
- Radio Aid to Marine Navigation
- List of Lights, Buoys and Fog Signals (Canada)
- 2021 Tide table (extraction for course practice). * Please print this extraction before starting the module, as you will need it whenever you perform Module 06, Tide Calculations.
Our online courses are self-study. As a general rule, questions regarding course content should be directed to your practical instructor during the practical course.
Some ISPA-registered schools offer optional supplementary courses (additional fees may apply).